Thursday 28 April 2011

Ophelia Filming


Filming for ophelia needed a lot of preparation. the director wanted to try and get ophelia wet 2 ore 3 times so we had to clean dry the actress and the costume durring 20 to 30 minutes. so we prepared ourselves with hairdryers electric heaters and cleaning stuff.



 When first saw the costume on set I realized that as nice the clash the white costume had with nature, it needed something to incorporate it more and made it look like she was actually going around the forest quite a bit. So during the day of the shoot I brought some things to distress brake down and dye the hem. when the hem was broken down it fitted to the set so much more.it also incorporated better with the makeup that the feet had(gashes, mud, wounds) . I also dirtied her cuffs as her hands also were maked-up.






 While the cameramen were trying to get the focal points, they wanted the actress to sit in a wet patch of the set that made the actress quite cold so we worked into keeping her worm with hairdryers and covering her with towels.





 the most challenging part was after the actress was covered with water and mud, whidh offcourse she wasn't very happy about, so we had to clean and get her dry as soon as possible as quick as possible as she was stating to get really miserable and was in the verge of tears.
an example of the mud before the water flooded over her

In the end of the day I was really happy with my work, what made me quite content was that the director himself was really pleased with my work. One of the main reasons I wanted to work in this film was to help the director to bring his vision to life, and a indication of success in that makes me really happy about my work. The day might have been really long but by the end of it I honestly felt like I could have worked more I think that was mainly because of the energy the crew had on the day, and my own excitement for the project.  One thing I wasn't that happy about was the fact that Holly who was assisting me in the day didn't have much to do during preproduction and during the day of filming. I feel that I have learned a lot about filming but I am not sure if most of the things that I brought with me were the right ones as we only filmed one shot and I am not sure about the things I had prepared for cleaning and drying the costume.








No comments:

Post a Comment