Tuesday 5 April 2011

Pitchings and thoughts

the pitchings were really interesting, I really liked most of the film students ideas and I thought that they looked alot more prepared than yesterday. within the pitches there were some that looked a lot more appealing and challenging for me to work on. I really liked 
1) the first one that caught my attention was a script inspired by Odilon Redon's Ophelia in the flowers. The idea of the film would be based on the visuals and little details of Ophelia's dead, drowned corpse. I really liked the way the idea was presented the director-scriptwriter seemed to be very exited and straitfoward about his idea, thing that really made me to want to work witth him in order to help him bring his vision to life 
2) an other pitch that really attracted me was for a script based for Coming the Hair painting by Degas the story was based on the relationship between the two women in the painting. I would want to work on this for the same reason I would have wanted do a photo shoot with it. I love the red hues and environment of the painting.
3) In addition there was an other pitch that caught my attention, it concerned the the Sunflowers by VanGoth. the director wanted to transport the feelings that the painting gave him (fear, alienation, panic, hostility) throughout some images like dead chickens and bloodstains. I would like to work on this project as it would be interesting to see if I could represent those felling with costumes, colors and styles.

I cant wait to hear which ones are chosen to go further but if any of those ones are, I will really really like to work in on or two of them 


No comments:

Post a Comment