Monday 16 May 2011

Evaluation


For me this project was something new and refreshing. I enjoyed working in something so different from what I originally do in this course. I was particularly exited about the first part of my project, as I have never done my own photo-shoot before. Throughout the project I encountered a lot of difficulties and not everything went as I programmed it to be, but besides all that I wholeheartedly enjoyed the whole process. The photo shoot didn't go as well to begin with as I had to reschedule around 3 times as there were problems with the studios, the model and the equipment that was needed. I managed to do a really quick photo-shoot in a studio, I didn't like the outcome so I had to reschedule an other one this time in a house as I wanted to use a leather sofa to enhance the style. This specific photo shoot went a lot better and I was so much more pleased with the outcome, the photo conveys what I wanted it to and the symbolism is nicely stated within it. The second part of my project was designing for two films inspired by paintings from the National Gallery. In those films we worked with aucb film students. I worked in two films, Ophelia which I designed myself and Wall in Naples, which I designed with Jessica. I also assisted in a film designed by an other designer. Preproduction was quite stressful as it wasn't long enough and most of it was during Easter, a time that I was abroad. In spite of that I managed to keep in contact with both directors during that time and I also designed and made the dress that I used in Ophelia. Ophelia was the shoot that I was more exited about; it’s also the one I am more content with. Looking back there is not much I would like to change. The only thing would be in making the costume more flamboyant or regal but the director wanted something more toned down which I did. Initially I wasn't very happy about working in Wall in Naples just because the film itself wasn't as inventive and challenging as the other ones. In the end thought I found it quite challenging and quite fun to work on. From the beginning the director told me that he couldn't give us a budget thing that made things quite hard, but it forced me to be inventive with my resources thing that I liked. In addition there were quite a lot of last minute changes, that happened a day before the shoot that altered most of my plans. In the end though the director was quite happy with the visual outcome, thing that made me more pleased with my work and cooperation with him. I feel that I have learned quite a bit about photo shoots and film shoots as well. I have leaned how things work during shoot, technical terms and quite a few things about the mechanics of everything during. I have learned quite a bit about what I need to have during a film shoot and what would be helpful during a photo shoot. Also I am now more comfortable with negotiating and cooperating with film students and directors in whole. I feel more in touch with my organizing planning skills I also see myself more organized altogether. When this project begun my I wasn't organizing everything as much but the fact that I was working with more people forced me to plan my work that really benefited me latter on. I have learned to be more prepared for everything and try to do everything myself. In the only shoot that I didn't have a camera and I asked someone else to take pictures for me I ended up with almost no pictures, so I have decided to do everything I need myself. After this experience I can really see myself working more in films, cooperating with the film students and not only. In the same time I want to get to know more about film practices altogether. In the end I didn't manage to do everything I put in my learning agreement like making connections to hire places and learn more about sourcing as I had no budget and I had to do with what I already had. As a whole I really enjoyed this project and I fell more inspired and I feel like I have taken a lot from the whole process.

No comments:

Post a Comment