Tuesday 8 March 2011

Painting as inspiration

For my SDP I choose to do a project in association with the film students, in which they will have to create a film based on a painting from the national gallery. The project is divided into 2 parts, one individually directed and one in collaboration with film students. In the first part of the project I will visit the national gallery and the national portrait gallery and choose a painting myself to recreate in a photo shoot. Part 1 has £0 budget so I will have to be inventive with my resources. In part 2 I will work with film students from BA (Hons) Film course. The film students will choose a painting from the national gallery and taking inspiration from it they will create a script for a 3-minute movie. For some of those movies I will design and source costumes.
 The film schedule is quite tightly put together, but also quite latter on in SDP , so I want to have the photo shoot all finished and done with by the time the meetings with the film students start, so I'm planing to visit the national gallery during the first week of SDP and choose my painting. During that first week I also want to get my Learning Agreements started. 
I am quite intimidated by the fact that after after the films are assigned we have only a couple of days before the holidays, and after holidays filming starts immediately, so before I will even meet the film students I will try to research the national gallery paintings so I have quite a bit of knowledge around them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment